Topics

water repellent spray

JOHN Albano

Has anyone got experience in a water repellent spray product (non conductive)  for thew Buddipoles? 73, N6TRC

Mr Wilton

Buddipole recommended to me the same stuff they use on all whips which is DeoxIT Shield S5
In Canada I couldn't find that exact product but I did find a similar aerosol mineral oil which works fine
73 Simon VA3SII G7HCD

On Sat., Dec. 26, 2020, 6:35 p.m. JOHN Albano, <albanojc@...> wrote:
Has anyone got experience in a water repellent spray product (non conductive)  for thew Buddipoles? 73, N6TRC

Adam

I made a housing for my coils from peanut butter plastic Jars. Drill small holes for telescopic whips and for the fixed length coming from the versatee

Bob Lewis

Have any of you ever seen a Butternut antenna?  It has many exposed coils and no one has issues with its performance.  I do not understand the concern about exposing the Buddipole coils or antenna to the weather.  My BP sits outside most of the time in the salt water humid air of Florida and I have not experienced any significant problems from corrosion.  My BP antenna is eight years old.  One thing I do perform is to apply Noalox to the threads of each joint so when I want to take the antenna apart that it does so without difficulty. So, are people really having problems with corrosion of the BP coils, etc?

From Bob Lewis N8GU

On Sun, Dec 27, 2020 at 6:56 PM Mr Wilton <Simon.wilton@...> wrote:
Buddipole recommended to me the same stuff they use on all whips which is DeoxIT Shield S5
In Canada I couldn't find that exact product but I did find a similar aerosol mineral oil which works fine
73 Simon VA3SII G7HCD

On Sat., Dec. 26, 2020, 6:35 p.m. JOHN Albano, <albanojc@...> wrote:
Has anyone got experience in a water repellent spray product (non conductive)  for thew Buddipoles? 73, N6TRC

Mark Allen

Boeshield T-9. Designed by Boeing specifically for this purpose on their aircraft and used widely by yacht owners to prevent sale-water corrosion and cyclists to lubricate and protect their $10,000+ bicycles(!)from road grime.  :-)