Topics

RESULTS OF THE 5TH BUDDIPOLE CHALLENGE

Bob Lewis

RESULTS OF THE The 5th and final BUDDIPOLE CHALLENGE* tagged to the CW WW DX SSB contest:
There was only one person reporting their results.
Congratulations to Dave Johnson, WA0LJM, who raked up 150 SSB contacts using his Buddipole Antenna located in the attic of his house !!! He was entered in the medium power category. It just goes to show you just how well you can do even in a compromised location like the attic. Way to go Dave. You are an inspiration to those who think they are foiled by HOA restrictions.

*Ok, so how many of you picked up that this is the final Buddipole Challenge ? A few of you did and asked if it is true. It is true, but don't fret !!! I am going to soon reveal a new Buddipole activity for 2021. Stay tuned.

Budd

Dave, WA0LJM,
great job from your attic !

And, as always, we appreciate Bob, N8GU
for his BP enthusiasm.

Budd

Have fun every day

On Oct 30, 2020, at 9:36 PM, Bob Lewis <doclewis27@...> wrote:

RESULTS OF THE The 5th and final BUDDIPOLE CHALLENGE* tagged to the CW WW DX SSB contest:
There was only one person reporting their results.
Congratulations to Dave Johnson, WA0LJM, who raked up 150 SSB contacts using his Buddipole Antenna located in the attic of his house !!! He was entered in the medium power category. It just goes to show you just how well you can do even in a compromised location like the attic. Way to go Dave. You are an inspiration to those who think they are foiled by HOA restrictions.

*Ok, so how many of you picked up that this is the final Buddipole Challenge ? A few of you did and asked if it is true. It is true, but don't fret !!! I am going to soon reveal a new Buddipole activity for 2021. Stay tuned.

Anselm G.

Hi,

Sorry that I missed the call to participate  in the Final  Buddipole Challenge because the  e-mail  went  to  my  junk mail.

I  use the Buddipole as my  permanent base station antenna and during the  CQ  Worldwide SSB DX  Contest I  made 59 QSOs  on  20m and 10m including several South American (Ecuador, Colombia, Aruba, Suriname, French Guiana, Brazil, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay and Argentina), Australian and New Zealand stations. I am now just shy of  one QSL to  qualify  for the QRZ.com
 Master of Radio Communication-South America Award (which requires 31 South American QSLs).

 I  just felt  that  I should inform you of my continued success with high power (100 W) into my  Buddipole triband L-antenna configuration with the Versatee  erected 1.95 m (6.4 feet) above the ground!

Congrats to  Dave WA0LJM. Hopefully I will  participate in the new Buddipole activity in 2021.

73,

Anselm J69AH
Saint Lucia