From Bob Lewis

On Fri, Dec 25, 2020 at 12:08 PM Guy Smiley <gsmiley@...> wrote:
How do you safely clean the coils on the Buddipole antenna?

NU3Q

WD-40 sprayed on a rag – NOT directly on the coils.

From: main@Buddipole.groups.io <main@Buddipole.groups.io> On Behalf Of Guy Smiley
Sent: Friday, December 25, 2020 12:09 PM
To: main@Buddipole.groups.io
Subject: [Buddipole] Cleaning the Buddipole Antenna

How do you safely clean the coils on the Buddipole antenna?

Dan WZ1P

Hi group. If the coils become tarnished or discolored I usually use a liquid metal cleaner like Tarn-X and NOT a paste cleaner. Just lightly brush the coil using an old toothbrush then rinse with water and dry. it's that simple and does not cause any damage to the plating on the coil wire.

Dan WZ1P
BUG Moderator.

Chris Mattia

Try using DeOxit spray on the coils and all contacts.  Can get it from Amazon.

. - -  - . . . .  . -  . . . .
Chris Mattia
http://chrismattia.com
@csmattia
W6AH

On Dec 25, 2020, at 9:08 AM, Guy Smiley <gsmiley@...> wrote:

How do you safely clean the coils on the Buddipole antenna?

Earl Richardet

I’ve used wd40 as well.   Works 100%

On Dec 25, 2020, at 9:36 AM, Chris Mattia via groups.io <mattia@...> wrote:

Try using DeOxit spray on the coils and all contacts.  Can get it from Amazon.

. - -  - . . . .  . -  . . . .
Chris Mattia
http://chrismattia.com
@csmattia
W6AH

On Dec 25, 2020, at 9:08 AM, Guy Smiley <gsmiley@...> wrote:

How do you safely clean the coils on the Buddipole antenna?

alphaindia4oscartango

Deoxit.

Peter Hutchings

Very nice .................sounds like we don't have to wander far then ... maybe a walk to the beach ....

Thanks   Pete

On Saturday, December 26, 2020, 02:30:07 PM EST, alphaindia4oscartango via groups.io <alphaindia4oscartango@...> wrote:

Deoxit.